Handbooks BooST:[in development]
Cycling Planning & Promotion:
- Guidance for Cycling Projects in the EU – guidelines for the promotion of cycling in the EU, published by the European Commission and targeting practitioners in city authorities with responsibility for cycling and/or sustainable transport, but also other stakeholders connected to cycling in cities.
- Encouraging more Walking & Cycling for local trips – material developed within the European research project Active Access (2012);
- Handbook on cycling inclusive planning and promotion – material collected and developed within the European project “Mobile2020 – more biking in small and medium sized towns of Central and Eastern Europe by 2020”, which aimed at increasing the modal share of cycling as a relevant mode of everyday transport in small and medium sized towns (of up to 350.000 inhabitants) in Central and Eastern European countries (2012);
- Policy Guide for Cycling Infrastructure (PRESTO, 2013);
- Vitality from Walking and Cycling – book for urban planners and decision-makers on the promotion of walking and cycling in cities (from the Transport Research Centre Verne, Finland, 2014);
- Framework for Cycling Communications – document on developing communications programs that encourage cycling, designed to provide guidance across all levels of government and the private sector, developed by the Australian Bicycle Council (2017);
- Bicicleta e gobiernos locales: Guía de políticas de movilidad ciclista para municipios de Gipuzkoa, Navarra y Pirineos Atlánticos [Bicycle and local governments: guide for cycling mobility policies for the municipalities of Gipuzkoa, Navarra and Atlantic Pyrenees] (2017);
- A Municipality’s Guide to Tackling Europe’s Inactivity Crisis – set of tips and good-practices for the promotion of active travel by municipalities, developed by ECF – European Cyclists’ Federation (2018);
- Successful transport decision-making a project management and stakeholder engagement handbook -practical overview of good practice in stakeholder engagement, public participation and project management for local and regional transport projects, supported by the European Commission (2012);
- Safer Cycling Advocate Program – best practice guide describing infrastructure and educational and legislative measures to implement to promote safer cycling, developed by ECF – European Cyclists’ Federation (2020).
- Mobility Academy – www.mobility-academy.eu – provides online courses and webinars on mobility, with a special focus on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs).